A Piece of Cake Designs A Piece of Cake Designs home FAQs view cart

Friday 9 January 2015

FRIDAY FAVOURITES: Anna Allan - A visit from Santa...



Hi there!
I am back today with a few favourites from the cupcake kit and a layout share.

I wish I could say ALL OF IT because that would be quite true.
BUT the main part of the kit that has made my layouts is the papers. I honestly didn't know if I would actually TRULY like them from the pictures but when they were in my hands, I really did!
The reds were the right brightness of red that I like and I loved that wood panel paper!
And all the embellishments in the kit totally co-ordinated perfectly with the papers!


I created this smaller sized layout - 6x8" in fact - so it could be included as an insert into my 2014 Project Life album.
Yes - the page is rather busy, completely different to my love of white space (I like to step away from the norm every now and then - keeps it interesting!) BUT it depicts our Christmas very well - busy but most definitely bright and colourful!!
I have a little thing going on for cutting out my own titles which is what I did here with the 'SANTA' word. I also used my black precision pen to outline the letters of the title.
I think the title is actually the fave part of this page for me :-)


I used the photo as a 'pocket' for some hidden journalling. One of the cards in the ephemera pack fit perfectly tucked behind the photo and I was able to add the little fun snippet about how my youngest calls Santa 'Ho Ho Ho'! So funny!



I really love the interactive element of hidden journalling and creating pockets - I never used to but now I LOVE IT!!

Thanks for popping by.

Anna :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
A Piece of Cake Designs Blog, All Rights Reserved
Blog Theme by Mod Melon Creative