A Piece of Cake Designs A Piece of Cake Designs home FAQs view cart

Tuesday 20 January 2015

Tutorial Tuesday with Aimee Dow


Hi! I think maybe I forgot to mention yesterday that I am commandeering the blog this week. I am SO late putting up all my December project's its not funny, but then their to good to waste. Today I am going to show you a totally frivolous page I made with Decembers Main Kit.


I was so inspired by Paige Evan's recent page "Cute Story Recorded", that I thought I'd give hand stitching and watercolours a go for myself.


It's actually not as hard as you would think. First I stitched my city. I used an old Amy Tangerine template to mark my holes and then I stitched using a variegated DMC (Thread that changes colour). There is nothing stopping you dyeing your own either. In fact if you use mists to watercolour like me, it's just a matter of dipping your white DMC in and letting it dry.


I used the gold tag to add a little more detail to the layout.


To add a touch more gold glitter I painted a circle in PVA glue and liberally doused it with glitter.


And there you have it a really simple layout that didn't take much time at all!

Just a quick reminder that the December Main kit is currently on sale for $26.60 and it's a great way to get your hands on some Amy Tangerine goodness, let alone the awesome black and white washi that I can't seem to get enough of!

Until tomorrow,

Aimee xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
A Piece of Cake Designs Blog, All Rights Reserved
Blog Theme by Mod Melon Creative